Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Goldenvoice 30 Year Anniversary Show Shirt. SOLD OUT!

SOLD OUT! SOLD OUT! SOLD OUT!


Sorry Folks, this one is now sold out. This is what makes the goldenvoice shirts rare and so collectable. Those that were able to buy early now have a cool shirt and i guarantee it has already gone up in value. A nice investment that you can wear! We have archived a few for future events, until then thanks for the interest and thanks for helping out!- Otis

In the 80s, i designed and printed all of the special limited edition show t-shirts for Gary Tovar, the founder of Goldenvoice Concerts. The first being The infamous DOA TSOL show at Devonshire Downs, 1981. Many more followed over the years. As many of you know, especially collectors, those old relics have become pretty valuable, fetching big bucks on auction sites. Mainly because collectors have come to realize that these are some of the rarest forms of merchandise in the music memorabilia world. Hand printed and unlike regular band shirts these were made for single events and made in very small numbers. Believe it or not some people used to complain at the early shows at our 7 dollar a shirt sales prices. Go ahead, kick yourself. Most of those easily sell now for 1-400 bucks. For the first time since the late 80s I have designed a couple of shirts and hand printed them in the old school tradition for the GV30 show coming up in december. Again, these are very limited in numbers. Since these shows are nearly sold out, if not already we are releasing one of them now for pre sale. "Thirty Years In The Pit" this shirt is a special limited edition, only 300 made. It comes with a special card signed by myself and Gary Tovar.
The other show shirt (also made in small numbers) with the bands listed will only be sold on the days of the show. Not before and not after, enjoy a sneak peek! See you at the shows!
Otis
This one will only be sold the days of the shows
Dec 16, 17 and 18 2011

7 comments:

  1. I love your work and would love for you to bring back some of your stuff! Just bought the GV30 shirt. I really hope you decide to start doing all this again and maybe go viral. I would buy it and I know a few others that would too. Keep up the good art and fun and keep punk alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tyler, thank you. it would be a tough one to bring back most of it. most bands are locked up legally these days. but i do put the old stuff up on ebay now and then, still have a lot of it. watch the blog, we're putting up quite a few for this event and will have a lot of the old stuff displayed in the lobby of the show. thanks again, we will get your shirt off early in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otis, The 2 shirts are killer. Just bought one and hope to order the other Fri. For those of us on the east coast I hope you'll be posting a lot of pictures from the weekend. Will the show posters ever be available ? Enjoy the weekend and keep up the great work....Best , dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Look into my weblog - Psn Code generator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Greg,
    It's been quiet awhile. I understand you've moved East into the desert and I'd like to know how things are going, etc. I've tried to reach you by email but no luck. Get back to me when you can.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went all the three nights, bought both shirts and a made only for the event Decendents t-shirt. Having grown up in Los Angeles I've been around or worn your stuff since the 80s. Thank you brother for your contribution to LAs punk scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at the event all 3 days. On day one the artists of who made the designs set up a table selling their own inventory of a limited edition print that was the skull but only in black and white. I bought 2 and never wore them. The Descendents also made event t-shirts for themselves but I know the real score was the two Goldenvoice t-shirts the artist were selling that were not being sold at the event merch booth!

    ReplyDelete